Union put to the sword by the Brits

After a weekend off, FCB returned to action against old rivals Unión Selección at the ‘Sex Toys Arena’. An 11 o’clock kick-off gave the boys a chance to experience some morning sun and the blue skies looked welcoming in Villaverde. Rami assisted by JJ and MPC went with a starting 11 of


Gonzalo   Omar   Dorus

Elvis   Calum   Alex   EQ   Ed

Padraig   Harry

As FCB went to the pitch the opposition goalkeeper asked if this was Unión Selección and which pitch it was. This was a sign of things to come. Straight from the kick-off Padraig drove towards the area and took a pot-shot, testing the opposition from distance. It didn’t take long for FCB to open their account, Alex slid a great ball through to Padraig who drove into the edge of the box and with Harry dragging the centre back out of position, slotted the ball into the far corner. The opposition looked stunned and it didn’t take long for FCB to extend their lead further, Harry bursting down the left wing and crossing a ball onto Padraig’s head to give him his second goal of the game. FCB were now in full bossing mode and the opposition just couldn’t cope with it. 7 minutes latter it was 3, Harry driving down the left again and centring it to Ed, who’s first shot appeared to hit a hand in the box but it bounced back to him and he made no mistake at the 2nd attempt.  FCB were attacking relentlessly and looked in no danger until the Unión defender drove forward and hit a shot from the edge of the box that hit the post. This seemed to gee the guys up and a few minutes later it was 4, Calum with a great ball to Harry who centred it to give Padraig a tap-in and a 21 minute hattrick. Six minutes later roles were reversed, Ed slid a ball down the line to Padraig who centred for Harry to give him a deserved goal. The home team just couldn’t live with FCB and looked truly relieved as the half-time whistle blew.

Half-time 0-5

Rami made changes at the break, bringing on Eric Murphy for EQ and Tom for Omar. FCB kicked off and within 2 minutes, Calum rolled a ball in for Harry and he grabbed his second of the game. The second half continued the same as the first, 5 minutes later Calum split the defence with a great ball and put it on a plate for Eric Murphy who finished neatly. The opposition hardly had time to draw breath before Padraig and Harry combined well again, Padraig sliding it to Harry who finished expertly past the opposition keeper into the bottom corner. Keelan came on for Calum and Antonio for Gonzalo. Within 2 minutes Keelan made a difference, laying it on a plate for Harry to get his fourth of the game. FCB made a further change with Macca coming on for Dorus and Juan for Ed. The game continued in the same way despite the personnel. Hard to believe that this opposition had beaten FCB in the final game of the league 3 years again to win the league. FCB added their 10th 15 minutes later, Tom with a nice ball to Harry who finished expertly. The opposition kicked off and completely against the run of play, the opposition attacker found himself clear of the FCB defence and slid the ball past an outrushing Max. Just one minute between FCB scoring and the opposition pulling one back. This seemed to anger FCB and 3 minutes later they added their 12th of the match, Harry’s cross was met by Keelan who unselfishly backheeled it to Padraig who couldn’t miss from 2 yards. JJ loving the finishing from with the JJ zone. The opposition kicked off and three minutes later the referee blew the whistle as ‘he was exhausted and needed to go to the dressing room’ with 10 minutes still left on the clock. With the sun shining and the cold beers calling, FCB didn’t complain (other than Rami of course) and 3 more points were in the bag.

Full-time 1-11

Next up for FCB it’s the Brit derby against CF Tetuan at La Elipa.

Man of the Match: Harry
Goal of the Match: Harry
Dick of the Day: Alex Adejokun
Quote of the Day: Don't you understand the offside thing!!! - Rami Majid